[Board] Motion: Authorizing FOSS4G NA 2013 Agreement

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 21 09:49:46 PDT 2012

Frank,

Shouldn't the motion also include the agreement between OSGeo and the
Twin Cities chapter with respect to defining each other's
responsibilities and the split of the profits?

i.e. From http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-August/010047.html

---------------------- Agreement between OSGeo and Twin Cities Local
Chapter ----------------------------------------

With reference to Board Resolution accepting the Services Agreement between
OSGeo and SharedGeo, the OSGeo Board establishes a relationship with the
OSGeo Twin Cities Local Chapter to create the Local Organizing Committee
for the planning and running of the Free and Open Source Software for
Geospatial North America Conference (FOSS4G NA) 2013 Conference to be held
in Minneapolis, MN May 22-24 2013.

As part of this relationship, the Twin Cities Local Chapter agrees to:

    1. Establish a Local Organizing Committee (LOC). This committee shall
    fulfill all roles within the Services Agreement assigned to "The
    Committee". Specifically this encompasses all activities in the Services
    Agreement Section II.A other than "filing of any required post event
    Federal and State income tax returns".
    2. Establish a Conference Chair.
    3. Establish a Program Committee that responds to the Chair and the LOC
    and tries to represent the broader North American OSGeo interests.
    4. Establish an Executive Committee made up of the Conference Chair, the
    Conference Venue Chair, a representative from SharedGeo, and a
    representative from the OSGeo Board of Directors. No expenditures
outside
    of the budget or changes to the budget are to be made without full
    consensus by this Executive Committee
    5. Communicate all major developments with regards to the conference
    with the OSGeo Conference Committee and OSGeo Board of Directors.

The OSGeo Board agrees to:

    1. Provide an OSGeo representative to sit on the Local Organizing
    Committee
    2. Provide oversight over the budget through filling a seat on the
    Conference Executive Committee
    3. Earmark a minimum of 50% of net conference profits for future FOSS4G
    North America events (excluding the main FOSS4G international event).
    4. File any required post event Federal and State income tax returns.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/