[Board] FOSS4G North America 2013

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 21 13:36:32 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I'm hearing, FOSS4G-NA have a maximum exposure of $50K, and OSGeo
> have $84K, leaving $34K for FOSS4G-Nottingham. (Timing might be such that
> this won't be quite as bad).
> Steven, based upon this assessment, do you wish to state any objections
> related to FOSS4G-NA?

Cameron,

For what it's worth, I do not believe that we need to
restrict ourselves to only taking on risk where the worst
case scenario on all fronts would consume our cash on
hand.  We have sponsorship income, and can reduce other
budgetary items if needed to bridge in a situation where
we suffer significant conference losses.

Of course it is still desirable to keep an eye out to mitigate
worst case scenarios.

I am comfortable that we can financially back the FOSS4G
NA and FOSS4G Nottingham events.