[Board] FOSS4G North America 2013

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:32:45 PDT 2012

Summarising conversation on IRC ...

It has been explained to my satisfaction the intent of "Earmark a
minimum of 50% of net conference profits for future FOSS4G North America
events (excluding the main FOSS4G international event)."
In particular:
* It has been pointed out that the comment above refers to a specific
conference event, rather than a chapter (and as such is not applying to
running other related events such as codesprints, or workshops or similar).
* I note that the key costs in holding a conference is the "seeding
costs". Ie, money you need to put down as a deposit. Also the possible
loss incurred if the conference is to be cancelled.
* This "50% of profits" is being earmarked to help ensure that the same
conference has sufficient capital to be kicked off and run in following
years.

With regards to OSGeo liability, I'll wait till FOSS4G UK have had a
chance to vote, up to midday in UK, 22 Aug 2012. (in ~ 11 hrs).

David Bitner has filled in a running liability spreadsheet here to
facilitate discussion:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGdNc3gwYmpLcmUzUnN0MC1KM0t4Tnc#gid=0

Stephen, it would be great if you could do your best to do the same,
with what figures you have available to you at the moment. I acknowledge
they will only be best guess at this point.