[Board] Travel Expenses

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Aug 28 14:02:34 PDT 2012

Hello Board,

I am in contact with several local committees to do some talks/keynotes
as an OSGeo ambassador at their events.  I have done enough travel for
OSGeo now to know that there are many more expenses during these events
other than "flight & hotel".

I would like to see us (the OSGeo Board) agree on standard rates for
travel expenses for OSGeo representatives (i.e. a per diem that covers
food and misc expenses during OSGeo travel).  I don't mind starting that
wiki page draft, if the Board feels this is a good idea.

I hope I am not off-base in bringing this issue up publicly to the Board.

-jeff