[Board] Travel Expenses

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:42:11 PDT 2012

mpg,
I believe that if a conference or similar wish to have someone speak at
their event, then it is up to the event to cover associated costs. The
OSGeo foundation is not funded to a level to cover travel costs.

Jeff,
I'm in favour of providing guidelines for travel costs which we can
point event organisors at.

Our message should be:
* Suggest finding a suitable presenter from the OSGeo-Advocate page,
noting that there will likely already be an Advocate attending your
event or from your Country/Region.
* Note that board positions are unfunded positions. Should you wish to
have a board member give a presentation at an event, (and they are not
already attending for other reasons), then expect to cover travel,
accommodation and a daily rate of XXX. (The rate to offset lost income
from the board member).