[Board] Travel Expenses

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Aug 29 05:24:39 PDT 2012

Hi Nick,

Just to clarify, here is an example situation:

- an event's organizing committee contacts an OSGeo representative to
speak and attend their event on behalf of OSGeo
- that representative can then respond by saying "yes, great, and please
find the guidelines to using an OSGeo Ambassador at: [wiki page of
guidelines]
- that wiki page would list requirements for the event organizers,
including, as Cameron stated, "expect to cover travel, accommodation and
a daily rate of XXX" for the ambassador

So, I am in fact not proposing to use any OSGeo funds.

-jeff