[Board] Some food for thought from Directions magazine ahead of our board meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jan 3 11:49:51 PST 2012

Indeed I found it fascinating.  It is a credit to our hard work as
volunteers that "OSGeo" and "FOSS4G" are even mentioned in the same
context as "Amazon", "Apple", and "Facebook".

I did like that they mentioned that OSGeo is poised to do good things
with their recent changes (I can't remember their wording, but that is
what I got out of it).

I really can't argue with their outlook on OSGeo and OpenGeo.

I guess it comes down to where (and what) we want to be at the end of
2012.  To me what separates OSGeo from everyone/thing else is its
members - regular, charter, board.  So how do we engage and promote
these members more?

-jeff