[Board] Fwd: Request for your endorsement of GIS Amicus Letter re: Sierra Club v Orange County

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Thu Jan 19 04:50:16 PST 2012

Dear OSGeo friends,

As has been discussed earlier on this list, the Sierra Club's case against
Orange County to try to open up county parcel basemap data under California
data practices laws is heading to the CA Supreme Court. Bruce Joffe has
drafted an Amicus Letter in support of the Sierra Club. I encourage the GIS
professionals on this list to consider individual support of this effort
and ask the Board to consider signing this letter as an organization.

Thank you,

David Bitner