[Board] Re: United Nations Invitation letter Visioning Group on Global Geospatial Information Management (GGIM)

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 19 10:23:46 PST 2012

Dear Paul Cheung, Ha Fung Ng,
we feel very honored to have been invited to this collaborative effort
and would like to thank you for the chance to contribute to GGIM.

Please find attached two statements from the Open Source community
represented by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. They are as yet
unformatted but the content is solid.

Due to the global character of our organization there are two versions
at this point in time. They were collaboratively edited by the board of
directors and highly respected individuals of our organization.

Our process in OSGeo is always open and transparent and can be followed
in the history of our Wiki and in IRC communication. If you find the
time it is an interesting read at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Vision_for_UN-GGIM
and
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Vision_for_UN-GGIM_2
including their respective discussion pages, plus the IRC communication
found here:
http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-01-15.log

Please bear with us that we have not consolidated them into one
document. If need be we can still do this but as they both give a very
good insight from slightly different angles we thought we let you have
both to start with.

As president of OSGeo I would also very much like to contribute in
person and propose a meeting to further clarify any open questions. I
will be in New York from March 5th to 8th and would be honored to be
invited if you find a suitable slot during this time.

With kind regards,
Arnulf Christl

--
President, OSGeo