[Board] FOSS4G 2013 Board Liaison

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 3 16:52:46 PDT 2012

Hi Peter,

Yes, having done the role since 2004 i know it well - no glory, nothing
'visible', but it means attending all IRC or phone conference calls,
with the goal to make the event follow FOSS4G standards (peter you
yourself know I was there for those, and those in all the past events
know as well...not necessarily controlling the event, but providing
advice when needed).  Quite a lot of little things not visible to
others, yet so essential for FOSS4G (filing the trac tickets to create
mailing lists, guiding the local committee to store their files in svn,
making sure messages are relayed from local committee to Board....and
on.....all those little things essential for communication and a smooth
event.

It was my passion for so long that drove that.

Happy to hear the FOSS4G passion is continuing.  It burns strong in me
as well (like the force hahaha).

Have a nice night,

-jeff