[Board] FOSS4G 2013 Board Liaison

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Wed Jul 4 02:49:59 PDT 2012

+1

I think the Beijing failure shows that you need first and foremost a large
group of dedicated local organizers with enough time and resources in
their OWN hands; and in my experience you'll only find that in
university/research settings. Yes, there have been (very successful)
exceptions to that, but did those not also have a lot of backing from
local Uni/reserach groups...?

Barend

--
Barend Köbben
ITC - University of Twente,

On 04-07-12 11:44, "Jeff McKenna" <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:

>I wonder if FOSS4G needs to go "back to basics", away from the expensive
>downtown conference centers, and back to the university
>campuses/affordable venues.

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente
Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.