[Board] Potential location for AGM/Sol Katz etc

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Jul 10 05:29:03 PDT 2012

> There is also the Japanese chapter that usually has a conference in the
> fall. I don't follow them closely, but if I read the site right then it
> would have happened already ... last week...
> https://sites.google.com/site/**foss4ghokkaido/<https://sites.google.com/site/foss4ghokkaido/>

Hi Daniel,

This was a local Japanese event only.
As far as I recall some discussion last year at FOSS4G Tokyo/Osaka, Japan
would have paused the yearly FOSS4G Tokyo/Osaka in 2012 as Bejing would
have been close enough for Japanese attendants. I don't know now as the
situation with FOSS4G in China has changed.

Daniel

> Are there other options that I didn't think of?
>
> I'd suggest we take the next two days to discuss options on this list and
> then settle on something at the board meeting on Thursday.
>
> Daniel
>

> On 12-07-10 6:14 AM, Jo Cook wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Given the announcement about FOSS4G 2012, I was wondering if you all
>> felt that OSGIS in Nottingham would be a good venue for the AGM, Sol
>> Katz etc. It's 4th-5th of September, at almost the same venue as FOSS4G
>> will be next year (same campus but not same venue)- and we (the LOC)
>> were already planning to invite board members along to view the venue
>> and meet the committee.
>>
>> http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/**osgis/home.aspx<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/osgis/home.aspx>
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jo
>>
>> --
>> ***Jo Cook*
>> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
>> KT18 7RL, UK
>> t:+44 750 095 8167
>> iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
>> <http://www.isharemaps.com/>

>> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
>> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no.
>> 864201149.

> Daniel Morissette
> http://www.mapgears.com/
> Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de