[Board] Election procedure

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Jul 27 03:22:33 PDT 2012

Board,
there is an item on our next meeting [1] agenda which I think needs more
attention than just a summary:

* Finalize confirmation of board voting procedure - left over from a
couple years ago - Frank to summarize.

There has been quite a lot of talk of several lists. Maybe it would be
helpful to make a summary now and then start a conversation of what we
want to achieve. Ideally we can come to a consensus this way before the
next meeting. From experience we will not have enough time to
comprehensively address this during the Board meeting itself.

If you agree I suggest we start to collect the summary somewhere in the
Wiki, advertize the process on Discuss so that people who already
commented can check whether their position is well represented and then
continue to derive a working process from it. There is no hurry, just
trying to prevent that it pops up again *during* the next election and
rather process it while we still know what we thought is a good idea.

Cheers,
Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-08-09

--