[Board] Membership list update

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed May 9 11:11:33 PDT 2012

With some gentle prodding from Arnulf, I finally finished scrubbing the spreadsheet of members that I briefly showed at the F2F a few months ago.

This file has one column for each piece of data we know about each charter member:
	Name
	Year Elected
	Year Removed
	Nationality
	Affiliation
	Street Address
	Town
	Post Code
	State/Province	Country
	Email
	Phone
	2007 charter vote
	2007 board vote
	2008 charter vote
	2008 board vote
	2009 charter vote
	2009 board vote
	2010 charter vote
	2010 board vote
	2011 charter vote
	2011 board vote

Some of the address information is incomplete, obsolete, or simply missing. This should be cleaned up prior to the next election period. I will send out an email about this today.

We have 125 members. Happily, my list exactly matches the 125 names published at http://www.osgeo.org/charter_members. (Well, actually my list has 126 names, since one member resigned a few years ago.)

The "vote" columns indicate if they voted ("y"), if they did not vote ("n"), or if they were ineligible to vote ("-").

We do not have data for the following elections:
	2008 charter
	2009 charter
	2010 board
If anyone has any of this data somewhere, please send it to me.

I believe our official policy is that if you have not voted in the three previous consecutive elections (charter or board), then you are subject to removal as a Charter Member. If someone thinks the policy is different, please let me know -- I'm not sure this is even written down anywhere? In fact, if someone could make a motion at the meeting tomorrow to make it official policy that "three strikes and you're out", I would appreciate it. (actually, the policy should be removal is at board's discretion: it is my intent to send a gentle note to those people and ask them to resume activity or volunteer to step down)

Because we don't have data from the 2010 board vote, we cannot impose the 3 strikes rule at this time. Based on looking at the data, though, I suspect there will be a handful of names that will be affected once the next election is held.

I will put my spreadsheet on the board's dropbox folder.

_mpg