[Board] Update on Directors & Officers Liability Insurance renewal

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 16 06:07:38 PDT 2012

On 12-05-15 5:56 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Daniel,
> Level of insurance might effect the duties we include we decide to
> include in the "OSGeo Ambassador" role. I'd be interested to know if
> certain roles allocated to ambassadors (or other volunteers) will
> increase our insurance costs.

Hi Cameron,

The situation is already complicated enough with the insurer that I'm
not sure that I want to throw an hypothetical ambassador role in their
analysis. We've asked them what we could do with respect to volunteers
coverage to reduce the premium, let's first see what they come back with
and go from there.

Daniel