[Board] OSGeo Board Meeting Reminder

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:47:40 PST 2012

I've added our options for the 501c3 question, cut and pasted from
Daniel's email.
If there are any other tangible options we can consider, can they please
be added to the wiki.
Arnulf, is there an alternative tangible option which you can extract
from your blog post?

  *
      o A- A non-profit 501c3 foundation with a focus on education with
        a new taxable subsidiary to handle the project sponsorship
        program and any other taxable activity that won't belong in the
        501c3.

  *
      o B- A non-profit 501c3 foundation with the educational focus, and
        drop completely the project sponsorship program and any other
        taxable activities (restricting ourselves to non-profit
        educational activities)... note that a conference like FOSS4G,
        other than for the (minor) sponsor advertizing aspect that comes
        with it, is a guenuine educational activity, so that should not
        be a problem

  *
      o C- If we don't respond then I guess we'll be treated as a
        taxable corporation by default (this is my guess, not
        verified)... note that if our goal is not to make profits and
        manage our finances accordingly then we probably don't pay much
        taxes, but once again those are my guesses and would remain to
        be verified

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager