[Board] Fwd: Invitation to deliver Plenary Address at Africa Geospatial Forum 2012

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:53:44 PDT 2012

Megha,
The OSGeo community is currently working out how we can be more
efficient and addressing requests such as yours for speakers on behalf
of OSGeo.

In particular, we are building up a list of "OSGeo Advocates" [1].

For a keynote presentation from an international speaker, you should
expect that you will need to cover speaker expenses [2]. Are you in a
position to cover such expenses?

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Expenses

On 4/09/2012 12:03 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Board,
> we have been invited to give a plenary address at the Africa
> Geospatial Forum 2012. Unfortunately I cannot go on that date (which
> is a pity because I never was in Ghana before). I send this to you in
> the hope that someone form the board can accommodate this date.
> Otherwise this might be a chance to leverage our new advocate list.
> With Cameron on the board I trust that you can carry this forward. If
> you need the letter addressed to your name please contact Megha
> directly, she will be happy to provide it quickly.
>

> ...on my way now to OSGIS UK now which I could squeeze in at the last
> moment and looking forward to meeting with Jo and the UK Local Chaps.
>
> Cheers,
> Arnulf
>

> Dear Arnulf
>
> Trust you are doing well. We would like to invite you to deliver *a
> Plenary Address at Africa Geospatial Forum 2012, which is scheduled
> for
> 3-4 October, 2012 at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra, Ghana*. As you
> might be aware, Africa Geospatial Forum 2012 is the 7^th Annual
> African Conference on Geospatial Technologies and Applications and
> hosts the largest exhibition on geospatial information in the
> continent. This year, Africa Geospatial Forum has gained support from
> Lands Commission, Ghana; Accra Metropolitan Municipality; Ministry of
> Lands and Natural Resources, Ghana amongst others. We expect
> participation of more than
> 500 professionals from both technology domain and user agencies from
> across the continent.
>

> Please find attached a formal invitation letter with this email.
> Updated information on the conference is available at
> www.africageospatialforum.org <http://www.africageospatialforum.org>
>

> I look forward to hearing from you.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Megha