[Board] Travel Expenses

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 5 12:47:04 PDT 2012

Hi Cameron,

I'd also like to include another "challenging" word in our speaker
expenses guidelines (yes this word is a necessary evil, as we all know
firsthand): "insurance".

This could mean flight insurance (having to cancel a trip for an OSGeo
talk and incurring charges - yes I have experienced this on behalf of
OSGeo).

This could mean health insurance.  I hope this never ever happens, but,
traveling for OSGeo and an accident occurs: are OSGeo representatives
covered in that host country?

I realize people have insurance through various means: but let's not
assume everyone has that (this is a bad assumption and it could be a
costly assumption).

Hoping to hear thoughts on this.

I started a list of agenda items for next week's Board meeting, please
add to it: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-09-13#Agenda (I
put Sol Katz at the top, as this is ultra important)

Thanks.

-jeff