[Board] osgeo.org e-mail accounts

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 5 14:57:39 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Board Directors,
>
> After a short discussion on IRC, I am writing to ask the Board what is the
> current policy on @osgeo.org e-mail addresses and if you think it would be
> valuable for Charter Members or Advocates to have such accounts in order to
> promote their OSGeo activities.

Angelos,

In practice we have issued @osgeo.org aliases to
anyone in a position of responsibility that has requested
one.  This includes some board members, local chapter
executives and folks on committees.  But we haven't
made an effort to proactively provide these.

My personal opinion is that it isn't particularly important
but it can help to make someone role with regard to
OSGeo more official seeming.

One can request an @osgeo email address by filing
a ticket with SAC.