[Board] Budget: GSoC money

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Apr 9 18:04:14 PDT 2013

On 13-04-03 3:12 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 03/04/2013 04:09, Daniel Morissette ha scritto:
>
>> I'm not saying that we should not support the QGIS sprint, just that we need to find
>> a way to be fair/supportive to all projects within the limits of our budget and
>> that's not an easy task.
>>
>> What do others think?
>
> Hi all.
> I understand and appreciate your concerns. However, I think it would be fair that
> each project gets back its share, so I would apply for 1.500 ?, eventually divided in
> two installments, one for this and one for the next HF.
> I agree it would be unappropriate to get more than what we brought.
> All the best.

Getting back to this before the sprint starts in a few days, this thread
has demonstrated that we need to agree on and refine our sprint funding
rules to ease this type of decision in the future.

For the time being, in the interest of resolving this ASAP, I will make
a motion (in a separate thread) for a one time 750$USD contribution by
OSGeo to the April QGIS Sprint. Future sprints will have to submit a
separate request when time comes and hopefully by that time the
mechanism will be better defined and the decision easier to make.

I also added an item to the next board meeting agenda to discuss/refine
the Code Sprint (Funding) Guidelines
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines)

Daniel
--