[Board] FOSS4G rotation - proposal and vote

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 15:51:24 PDT 2013

OSGeo Conference committee:

I trust that there has been sufficient time for anyone with an opinion
regarding foss4g rotation to air it, and I'd like propose a vote in
order to test/confirm that we have reached a rough consensus.

I propose that the international FOSS4G rotation policy be defined as per:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook#City_Selection

(text copied below)
The regions FOSS4G rotates through are:

     Europe
     North America
     Rest of world

This is caveatted by the OSGeo Conference committee feeling confident
that the proposed city/region will attract the majority of the
international FOSS4G audience.

So our rotation policy is:

     Strong preference is given to the region which hasn't had FOSS4G
for 2 years
     We next consider the region which had FOSS4G 2 years ago
     Only as a last resort would we consider a region which had FOSS4G
last year

------------
Could all current conference committee members please vote. Past member
votes would also be welcomed.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Current Members

     Thierry Badard