[Board] Next meeting: 15th August, 3 UTC

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 14 08:38:17 PDT 2013

On 13-08-14 11:10 AM, Anne Ghisla wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> a short note about next meeting, that is in roughly 12 hours. I am
> sorry I didn't update Code sprint guidelines yet - I have been busy
> with my move to Berlin in last weeks, with less internet and free time
> than usual.

Thank you for the reminder Anne.

I have created the agenda at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-08-15

Please all board members note that we need to discuss and make a
decision on the way forward with respect to our non-profit application
and give a response to the IRS on our plan by August 31. So please take
time to review the relevant threads on the board list before the meeting.

This August 31 deadline also means that given the board election, the
decision must be made either this week, or no later than next week. It
cannot be deferred to the next board.

I am waiting for an update from our attorney on a scenario which implies
switching our application from 501c3 to 501c6, and this is what I am
going to recommend unless knowledgeable members step in to help with
another proposal. More on this later today.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/