[Board] Second letter/report from our attorney on 501(c)3/6/4 status questions

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 01:02:25 PDT 2013

I agree as well. Forming association like this, makes sense actually
only from business point of view (why to have foundation, for going for
beer together?) - we are creating and maintaining certain industry -
even community driven - and so, we need OSGeo (among others) as
platform, which somehow speaks for the industry.

The fun and community aspect is very important to us, but from
legal-government-official point of view,  "common business interest" is
the one, what defines us to (some) outside world people.

But take this as note from non-native English speaker, who does not
understand the finesses of the language deeply enough.

Jachym