[Board] Update on non-profit status plan after board meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Aug 15 13:36:53 PDT 2013

Some very interesting responses on the sudden approvals of c4
applications by the IRS, from the Foundations mailing list (give a read
to that link, about this “safe-harbor” option) :

-jeff

****
On 8/15/2013 10:23 AM, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> Peter, I'm glad that your org got the status it wanted.
>
> I'm starting to wonder if the IRS has issued an internal mandate to
> start moving on the "less controversial" applications that have been
> pending (in the wake of the scandal), since we've been seeing grants
> quickly forthcoming for a lot of orgs related to Open Source and Free
> Software.
>
> Is the dam finally breaking?

I found this on the IRS web site:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Offers-New-Streamlined-Option-to-Certain-501c4-Groups-Caught-in-Application-Backlog