[Board] [EXTERNAL] President and President-elect

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Sat Aug 31 08:47:13 PDT 2013

Actually, I think it works well with the board elections. If the charter
members don't feel the president deserves the second year, that person
won't be re-elected. And then the person has 1 year on the board as a
normal board member but can assist the current president and
president-elect.

I do think that some of the roles that the president has taken on should
be more distributed/delegated to other board members. In a volunteer
organization, there is no reason anyone, including the president, cannot
take two or three weeks off. We should not be dependent on that one person
for so many functions.

Mike

--
Michael Smith