[Board] OSGeo Priorities: Should OSGeo act as a high capital or low capital organisation?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Feb 25 09:15:06 PST 2013

Definitely low capital -- support the community, not much else.

I'd add item #0: Hire professional accountant and lawyer and immediately resolve all outstanding financial and legal matters.

I'd also amend item #2 and #3 to include "support generally provided only as matching funds"

More importantly, we need to agree on where does our income come from, in tandem with how we spend it.

And, in addition to the two lists of (a) where does $ come from and (b) where does $ go, we should make two lists of where we are agreed that money will NOT come from and where it will NOT go.

-mpg