[Board] Budget: GSoC money

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:07:06 PST 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:43:12 -0500
Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:

> I agree and support the idea as well.
>
> Just one question though: Does this go to a global/general "Code
> Sprint Support" budget, or is the money earmarked to be assigned only
> based on number of mentors per project in the previous year?
>
> I'd prefer supporting code sprints in general for all projects and
> not getting stuck in tracking and returning exactly the money
> corresponding to the number of mentors.

Thanks for the note, Daniel.

I agree. I would keep a reference amount per project just to be fair
with all participating projects. I would not enforce it though.

Daniel, if you wish to give more freedom in money allocation for code
sprints, feel free to put the whole sum in code sprints.
Still, I'd keep the number of mentors per project in a separate and
public list. I know it will help code sprint organisators when planning
events through the year.

Does it sound better?

Anne