[Board] Collating status reports

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 16 06:00:02 PST 2013

Hi Cameron,

Bringing this to the Board list.  My comments are inline below:

On 13-01-16 1:44 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Jeff,
> I think it might have been you who came up with the good idea of
> providing board status reports to our discuss list?
> I can see it is an item on our upcoming board meeting agenda.

Yes I think this will be a nice addition to each meeting, a followup
summary of each meeting to the Discuss list.  I don't mind doing this at
all.

> What I'd like to suggest, if you are willing, is that the status report
> take the shape of a "President's report". Commenting on the current
> state of OSGeo is something you do well. I note that you often provide
> tidbits of positive encouragement for activities which have come about,
> and it is usually responded to with a "thanks for the recognition". I'd
> imaging that a good style for a President's report would be to continue
> in your positive "tidbit encouragement" style, but slightly expanded to
> include the discussions of the last board meeting.
>
> What do you say?
> (You are welcome to reply to this email publicly if you wish).

I like this idea, but we'd have to ask for monthly reports from each
Committee Chair.  I like this idea, but I'd like to hear the opinions of
other community members if I should try to track down reports from all
committees each month.

Thoughts everyone?

-jeff