[Board] Emeritus

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 22 13:03:21 PST 2013

Arnulf,

I love the idea and would be pleased to have "Emeritus Board Member"
be a role of respect that the board can grant at will (by board
motion).  Since we are already a pretty open organization so board
meeting invites are open to all I'm not sure that this role would
carry any special powers, but hopefully it would be carry an
indication of respect, and encourage those on who it is conferred to
continue to advocate on behalf of, and advise OSGeo confidently.

Best regards,
Frank