[Board] Fwd: FOSS4G 2014 RFP Vote

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 22 04:39:01 PDT 2013

On 13-07-21 8:23 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Abstension
> ----------
>
> I don't believe any of the OSGeo Board members are involved in either of
> the Portland or DC bids; but please identify yourself if so.

I guess I should disclose the fact that I am the chair of the
OSGeo-Quebec Local Chapter, and Thierry Badard has joined the DC LOC on
behalf of OSGeo-Quebec, and signed a letter of support for DC on behalf
of OSGeo-Quebec.

So while I am not directly involved in the DC bid, does my involvement
in OSGeo-Quebec and supporting Thierry's participation on behalf of
OSGeo-Quebec represent a conflict of interest and mean that I should
stay out of the vote? I would like to hear a clear position on this
before I spend time evaluating the proposals.

Daniel

P.S. It is odd that by seeking participation on its LOC from active
OSGeo chapters and individuals in order to come up with a bid that
really represents OSGeo's vision, the DC bid has potentially been
putting itself at a disadvantage, forcing two conference committee
members to abstain, and potentially a few board members as well.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/