[Board] FOSS4G 2014 RFP Vote

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 23 11:22:44 PDT 2013

I stand by my initial email (listing exact steps, documents, dates,
rules).  Mark has accepted my views (thank you Mark for being
professional as always), and I believe we can begin the vote as per
those instructions.

I've added these instructions to a wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2014_Bid_Process_Board_Voting

As per the perspective of "opposed to the President getting to decide
individually"; this is not at all what I want to happen.  I passed on
the torch for the Conference Committee and FOSS4G (my true love) so that
new blood can guide the committee and help FOSS4G grow.  However, here
we are, the vote came back to the Board, and, an extra half vote does
make sense (meaning: I never planned this nor did I want this to
happen). Imagine how I feel, having to live with turning down a
wonderful team.  But, life ain't easy, we all have roles to fill, and, I
am ready to represent the OSGeo community as best as I can.

-jeff