[Board] Motions

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 06:46:30 PDT 2013

Hi,

this is very delicate question and I do not remember, we would be
speaking about this in the past (or it was not seen in the outside).

I barely know Mark (have we actually met?)  I do not know anything about
your business. But still, there is clear conflict of interests - you can
not be both "independent" and member of the conference team. In this
case,  as Dave stated, I see there conflict "relevant to matter
requiring" action. One can certainly support some team, but being member
of the Conference Team is something else.

Mark, you paid for your volunteering activities. Nothing personal, as I
said, I barely know you and I appreciate all your work, you do for OSGeo
and FOSS4G. I do not want to take the right of voting from you or from
anybody else. But we should stick to the rules.

Last year, I became member of the board and around that time, there was
a bit for FOSS4G 2013 (Nottingham winner). Prague did not made it into
the second round, but if we would and there would be a tie again, I
would be in the same situation. What would I do? I think, I would be
clearly in the conflict.

It's hard decision and it's hard not to touch anybody's feelings, but I
think, it's the right decision.

Meanwhile, you already stated, that you plan to abstain for this vote. I
thank you for this decision. Take my e-mail just for the record.

Jachym