[Board] Important MOTIONS (combined)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:29:24 PDT 2013

I have updated the wiki, with previous text in strikeout font, such we
can see what others have voted for.

      Abstension

  * <strike>Mark Lucas, as a Board member and also a member of the DC
    local committee, will not be allowed to vote</strike>
  * Mark Lucas, while noting he has no financial conflict of interest as
    described by OSGeo bylaws, has volunteered to abstain in order to
    address concerns raised by others.

On 27/07/13 03:33, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Well, there's already a motion underway, so we shouldn't edit the wiki page - lets close this vote out first.
>
> .mpg

>>> -1
>>>
>>> comment: after hearing the discussion, I think the board needs to decide
>>> on Mark's qualification to vote: Jeff can't decide this on his own. I know
>>> Mark has agreed to abstain, but this vote would set a precedent
>>> nonetheless. Given that Mark is abstaining, I'd be +1 if we just removed
>>> that clause from the custom rules.
>> I fully agree with you Mike.  I, spoke openly, took time to draft wiki,
>> proposed motion; now it is time for other Board members to speak up, and
>> started editing that wiki page if you are a -1 (even drafting a separate
>> page if you wish), and taking action.
>>
>> I am but one voice, one person, one volunteer, there are many others
>> here on the Board.
>>
>> -jeff

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager