[Board] Important MOTIONS (combined)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jul 29 11:18:24 PDT 2013

I hope the dust has settled now.  I have tallied the votes for both
motions, here is the status as I see it today:

MOTION 1
--------

I, Venkatesh Raghavan/Arnulf Christl/Anne Ghisla, motion to accept all
37 nominees into Charter
Membership and
override the decision taken in the last board meeting.

anne +1
jeff +1
daniel +1
cameron -0
mark +1
pater +1
jachym +1
mike +0
frank +1

Motion: PASSED

* will file news_item now and publish this news right away

MOTION 2
--------

I, Jeff McKenna, motion to follow a custom voting procedure[1] by the
Board, in order
to decide the tie breaker for the hosting location of the FOSS4G 2014 event.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2014_Bid_Process_Board_Voting

jeff +1
daniel +1
cameron +0
mark -1
mike -1
frank -1

- thanks to Cameron for the latest edits to the voting procedure
- could the -1's and the other Board members place their votes,
according to the latest procedures, as soon as possible ?

Obviously we'll have to extend the Board voting deadline (was initially
today).

Yours,

-jeff