[Board] Informal OGC Board & OSGeo Board meeting in Nottingham

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jun 2 06:30:35 PDT 2013

Steven Feldman (chair of FOSS4G Nottingham) has approached me with an
idea to get the OGC Board and OSGeo Board together in Nottingham.
Apparently the OGC Board is meeting in Nottingham, to coincide with the
AGI and FOSS4G events.  Steven points out that with the recent open
letter from OSGeo and its impact, this could be a good time to build on
this communication momentum.

Suchith has suggested it could be an informal drinks reception, and has
volunteered to contact the OGC to arrange this.

Reality is of course I'm not sure what OSGeo Board members would be
physically at Nottingham.  I believe in our recent OSGeo 'scrappiness'
we decided not to fund an OSGeo Board Face to Face meeting in Nottingham.

So, maybe we re-brand this idea, instead of the 2 Boards meeting, maybe
it could be an informal "OGC & OSGeo Community night", during Nottingham.

I've also added this topic to the agenda for our next Board meeting.

-jeff