[Board] OSGeo Board Priorities

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 01:59:14 PST 2013

Hi,

I fully agree, that the costs for individuals or small company are very
heigh. I'm aware, you were mentioning this issue already. Since I know,
FOSS4G-Global is the main source of income to OSGeo, I did not raise any
obligation so far - I have no clue, how to organize this better for the
future.

Paolo's idea sounds not bad: having some kind of scholarship program,
where we could allocate some money for people who can not come but it's
valuable to have them there.

Do we have some "priorities" for FOSS4G as well? In general, when I'm
discussing this topic with people, general feelings are, that
FOSS4G-Global is very developer-oriented meeting, compared e.g. to
FOSSGIS (German local conference), which would be more user or business
oriented (correct me if I'm wrong, it is a while, I was there).

Having priorities of the FOSS4G-global could also point us the the
answer, whether we should financially support developers to come or not.

Jachym