[Board] OSGeo / OSGeo-Live / LocationTech / FOSS4G-NA & Location Intelligence conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:43:30 PDT 2013

I think it will be valuable for both OSGeo and Location Intelligence
attendees to educate attendees on the breadth of Geospatial Open Source
available, and the strengths and weaknesses of these options.

I suggest the best way to achieve this would be:
1. Have someone present a "Lightening Overview of Geospatial Open
Source" [1]
2. Have someone available for follow up discussions at a booth
3. Ideally also provide our OSGeo-Live DVD to anyone interested, which
contains these applications pre-installed with data and docs, ready to
be tested.

So question is:
* Joe, is there an option to insert such a presentation into the program?
* Andrew, does LocationTech have a booth? Is LocationTech open to
sharing a booth with OSGeo, and have an OSGeo banner included at the booth?

Joe has also suggested a media relationship with FOSS4G-NA which I shall
leave for Joe and David to discuss as a separate issue.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Presentation

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050