[Board] Budget: GSoC money

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:53:43 PDT 2013

On 26/03/13 21:36, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> I mean: this is the budget for the whole project, not just for HFs.
> Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
>
> I always understood that "fund matching" refers to the respective
> code sprint budget. The board will know..
>
> Please (board), clarify this in the
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines

Markus, I'm not sure what is unclear in the wiki URL above. (I also
don't know what "HF" refers to).
This is what is in the wiki now:
"OSGeo should not be the sole source of funding for the event. OSGeo
prefers sprints to be partially funded by third-party sponsors, and may
choose to provide funding "matching" the amount of sponsorship money
raised. OSGeo's contribution should go towards reducing the net cost for
participants instead of for instance supporting a more expensive venue
or setup."

Ie, "matching" equates to providing the amount of funding equal to
sponsorship found by others.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager