[Board] foss4g europe

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 08:28:04 PST 2013

I've read it too and disagree in many ways. You present one valid point
of view, but there are many others, like

Conference is not only about  profit, but another gain is building of
the community and remember - OSGeo is community

"FOSS4G" brand is clearly owned by someone else, than OSGeo. OSGeo has
no right to the brand and till now it was always respected. That it
might not look like that from outside does not mean, it is not true.
(Speaking in shortcuts here, things are of course more complicated).

Relation between regional, semi-regional and global events has to be
find. And this is happening right now.

This are just very short notes, which come to my mind. Just wanted to
point at "another points of view" around there.

Jachym