[Board] next week's Board meeting

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 06:41:16 PDT 2013

Cameron, good point. I have added the Actions for  the OSGeo Board to consider below:

1. Updating OGC-OSGeo MoU :Strengthen OSGeo-OGC collaborations building upon the MoU and extending it to other areas of synergies (esp. In Geospatial Education).

Action -Jeff (OSGeo) and Denise (OGC) to work on the details.

2. Building up Geospatial Education Collaborations : OSGeo and OGC to work together in building geospatial education opportunities. We will work together to make available resources for geospatial standards education more accessible to educators worldwide. There is lot of synergies we can build upon the ICA-OSGeo labs initiative and network for further building up geospatial education opportunities for all.

Action - OSGeo representatives (Anne, Helena, Charlie, Suchith and others interested) and OGC representatives (Luis, Denise and others) to work on this.

3. Scheduling regular quarterly virtual meetings between representatives of our organizations

Action - Jeff to follow up this with Mark, Denise (OGC) and finalize telemeeting arrangements.

I am ccing Denise and Luis (from OGC) so they can provide any suggestions/changes needed.

Suchith