[Board] LocationTech meeting October 2013 - short report

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 00:09:43 PDT 2013

I expect LocationTech will last, keep in mind that LocationTech only now has enough participants to go on a road show (and has yet to form a steering committee). The Eclipse Foundation itself will last a long time in the future. I expect the role of LocationTech (as an industry working group) will evolve over time as spatial is used in more software.

The Eclipse Foundation operates with restrictions on the licenses used, so I do not see the possibility of merging. However individual projects may certainly belong to both organisations.

On the plus side the Eclipse Foundation is gradually relaxing in order to work with others (partially in response to the culture shift marked by Apache Considered Harmful ).

--
Jody Garnett