[Board] Sprint surplus over at CUGOS...

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Thu Oct 31 11:52:29 PDT 2013

Personally I think this is a bad model.  If these are OSGeo sprints, OSGeo should carry the cash from year to year and use it to help subsidize the sprints.

For many informal orgs (who end up hosting these events) it is hard to carry this cash for long periods of time on their books (if they are even formal enough to have books).  We at CUGOS have held this money for 2+ years.

If OSGeo is serious about these types of events it seems like making an ongoing account within the organization to carry this money would be wise.

Just my $0.02

On Oct 31, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:

> Agreed. I'd say we pass it on to Stephan for the 2014 sprint.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 13-10-31 1:07 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>> Turn it over to the 2014 folks, IMO

>> --
>> Paul Ramsey
>> Sent with Airmail <http://airmailapp.com/tracking>
>>
>> On October 31, 2013 at 10:05:52 AM, Michael Gerlek (mpg at flaxen.com
>> <mailto://mpg@flaxen.com>) wrote:
>>
>>> There was a surplus of $2,052.92 from the 2011 Sprint event and a
>>> surplus of $2,392.06 from the 2012 Sprint event and a deficit of
>>> $992.54 from the 2013 Sprint event, for a total of $3452.44 being held
>>> in trust today by CUGOS for future sprint events
>>>
>>> We (CUGOS) would like to get this money off our books and turn it over
>>> to either the 2014 sprint organizers or to OSGeo itself.
>>>
>>> Suggestions, thoughts, comments?
>>>
>>> -mpg

> Daniel Morissette
> http://www.mapgears.com/
> Provider of Professional MapServer Support since 2000

Aaron Racicot
Z-Pulley Inc.
aaronr at z-pulley.com
360-221-2441