[Board] OSGeo received its 501(c)(4) tax exempt status from the IRS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Sep 13 07:09:17 PDT 2013

And I'd add to that big thanks to Jeff for catching that email on the
Foundations list about OpenNTF's 501c4, which set us in a new direction
and allowed us to get through. Or at least increased our chances to get
through since that gave us an extra argument that David used in his last
letter to the IRS.

If I may suggest an amendment to your quote Jeff, I would not say the
task was "difficult", but more that it was challenging, or required
perseverance. I'm not sure what the right word is to express that, but
difficult may be a bit much, maybe daunting if that is a valid word?

Daniel

On 13-09-13 9:30 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 2013-09-12 8:39 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Cameron,
>>
>> I have started a draft at:
>>
>>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/501c4Announcement
>>
>> Jeff, perhaps you would like to rework the thanks to Tyler and Daniel
>> into a nice quote from the president?
>>
> Thanks Frank.  I've added structure, spelling/grammar changes, quote,
> and the "Board" category so we can reference this page in the future.
>
> (you can see many of our past Board press releases through that
> category: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Board)
>
> -jeff

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/