[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] RE : Re: OSGEO4W future

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Sep 22 01:41:59 PDT 2013

On 13-09-22 3:44 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I agree with Tamas: we first have an issue with governance; once this is
> solved, we can deal with tech issues.
> Anyone a suggestion to move forward? To me, the first candidates that
> come to mind are Frank, Tamas, and Juergen: anyone else?
> Board, could this be a special OSGeo committee?
> Thanks.

Personally I'd treat OSGeo4W as a software project, with a PSC,
committers, etc. We should do the same with OSGeo-Live actually, take it
out of the Marketing committee and treat it as a sofware project which
is what it si really is.

Then projects (OSGeo4W and OSGeo-Live) can apply for incubation when
they are resdy, etc.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/