[Board] Elections final reminder

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sat Aug 9 09:42:12 PDT 2014

> On 2014/08/09 8:11, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>
>> Early on in the Charter Member elections I told Jorge not to tell a single
>> person any result, or who is leading etc, including me.  (I said the same
>> thing to Bart in a past election).  I have no access to votes, I made sure
>> of this.  The CRO email is only used for questions, which I don't see is an
>> issue if I answer them.
>

> As long as the secrecy of the ballot is maintained, I do not see a problem
> with the President of the
> Foundation answering questions any any of the mailing list.
>
> Venka

There's no problem on the President answering mails on any of the
mailing lists, but cro at osgeo.org is supposed to be the e-mail of the
person(s) in charge of the elections, so I think makes sense that none
of them are a candidate.

By the way, I also think we can absolve him from some of the elections
homework, I'm sure he's doing a more important job looking for new
candidates :-)

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org