[Board] Added "OSGeo Charter Responsibilities"

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 18 11:58:28 PDT 2014

>> - As CRO, for the records, and hoping that those numbers are
>> meaningful and help to improve the criteria, let me share some basic
>> statistics regarding support, that is: yes/(yes+no+abs):
>>
>> -- Maximum: 84%
>> -- Minimum: 39%
>> -- Average: 56%
>> -- Number of candidates with more than 51%: 45 of 64
>>

> Hi Cameron,
>
> Have there been any "No" votes at all?
> I guess the "level of support" would be the only criteria that makes sense.
>
> Daniel

Indeed there were, again more numbers regarding NO votes.

- max:  8
- min:  1
- avg:  3,9
- >3:  37

So yes, all candidates got at least one negative vote and the average was 4.

We discussed on the list about how one should use the vote, but I
infer that there wasn't a unified criteria about how to use the NO and
Abstain votes. That's normal with such a big membership and different
involvement on the discussions on the list.

Again, probably a more detailed text on the voting page would help,
but anyway, people can do whatever :)

Take note also that I set up the voting as anonymous, so I know who
vote and who not, but I can't relate the results with names.

Cheers

--
Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org