[Board] OSGeo and Code for Resilience

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:51:19 PST 2014

Hello all,

today I had a conf call with Adele Waugaman (in CC), from the GFDRR unit
of the World Bank, about OSGeo participation to Code for Resilience
initiative:

http://codeforresilience.org/

The initiative is partnering local technologists with disaster risk
management (DRM) experts to strengthen community resilience to natural
disasters through the creation of civic-minded digital and hardware
solutions.
See more here:
http://codeforresilience.org/page/about

OSGeo Japan is already an active part of C4R, and is organising 3
hackatons. Therefore, OSGeo logo is present among the Supporting
partners.

OSGeo international is invited to participate as well: developers and
contributors can take part to local events, and/or participate to the
third part of the initiative, namely the Online innovation challenge.
C4R organisers look for mentors from various domains (web, app
development..) - people who can guide development and provide
expertise. Detailed information on mentor role and registration will be
provided soon.

My opinion is that Code for Resilience is an initiative that we can
support as OSGeo international. I am willing to post news on
communication channels, and invite members to join, especially as
mentors.

If there are no objections, I wish to confirm OSGeo international
participation to the initiative.
I will keep in touch with Adele and be the contact for OSGeo
international, as well as the reference for OSGeo members who look for
more info on the initiative.

All the best,

Anne
--