[Board] OSGeo and Code for Resilience

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 25 11:20:04 PST 2014

2014-01-25 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:56:46 +0100
> Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Cameron
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Jachym
>>
>> 2014/1/24 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:
>> > Hi Anne,
>> > As I understand it, you are suggesting OSGeo support in the form of:
>> > 1. Lending the OSGeo name (which is already happening)
>> > 2. Inviting OSGeo Volunteers to participate (including yourself)
>> > 3. No financial commitment required.
>
> Precisely.
>
>> > I'm +1 to such a proposal based on it fitting within OSGeo
>> > principles.
>
> Thanks Cameron and Jachym for your support so far, let me all know your
> opinion.
>
> Best!
> Anne

Great to see supporting the initative OpenStreetMap and Ushaidi, and
knowing the work of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team with World
Bank, well I can't see any reason to not give our explicit support on
this topic.

It would be great to try to chanel those ideas to application
competitions like this one[1] from ESA.

[1] http://www.app-camp.eu/

--
Jorge Sanz