[Board] motions from last meeting - 2014-07-12

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 07:20:41 PDT 2014

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 09:01:25 +0200
Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry for late minutes from our last board meeting

Hi all,

+1 to all motions from me.

Two comments: one about sponsoring LT Tour. As Jeff said, it is non
intuitive that the procedure to fund our own events (community sprints
etc) is more complex than sponsoring events from like-minded
organisations. I don't want to suggest to make everything very complex,
but we could have a look at the guidelines again and see what can be
simplified.

The second comment is about board meeting in Portland. I am supportive
in principle (so my +1), but I won't be able to attend either.

Best
Anne

> Motions:
>
> MOTION: To approve past meeting's minutes.
>
> MOTION: to sponsor LocationTech Tour 2014 for 2,000$
> (http://tour.locationtech.org/2014/0)
>
> MOTION: propose: Cameron draft a proposed voting process within 48
> hrs, community review for 1 week, will include auto accepting as
> charter members people voted into specific positions within OSGeo
> roles, plus up to a fixed number (10) open positions. jsanz to act as
> CRO. Start voting in 10 days.
>
> MOTION:  to have a board meeting during foss4g this year (can't we
> make it as a rule for each year ?) and jmckenna taking time to plan
> and propose time and location
>
> Full IRC meetin log
> http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2014-06-12.log Meeting
> minutes: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-06-12