[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source Users Charter

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 14 22:16:16 PDT 2014

Il 15/07/2014 02:41, Cameron Shorter ha scritto:

> Open Source gives away free lunches (in the context referenced by this article). More
> accurately, Open Source provides a better quality lunch, which is better value than
> proprietary equivalents, and you only need to tip the cooks if you are feeling generous.

Agreed: it is obviously advantageous for the *single* to eat the free lunch and
return nothing. Of course this is not a sustainable strategy *on the whole*, and this
is what we should strive to explain to decision makers.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html